direkt zum Inhalt springen

direkt zum Hauptnavigationsmenü

Sie sind hier

TU Berlin

Page Content

Geodätenstand

Lupe

The Geodätenstand, by now declared as a listed monument, was constructed in 1953 on top of the main building and has been designed for scientific purposes as well as for teaching. Constructed with a vibration-proof floor, which prevents to influence measurements through subjacent building movements, it is the perfect experimental observation and calibration platform for many fields of application in classic and contemporary geodesy. Its special roof design allows the observation of astronomical measurements under steep lines of sight whereas the installed tripod stands, whose coordinates are known at very high accuracy, are usable for terrestrial surveys. In addition to the actual stand two platforms, located on the western and eastern parts of the building, are designated to carry out surveys that require unobstructed view to the sky or sideways. The current use of the Geodätenstand is dominated by long-term tests where the advantage of its comparably isolated and undisturbed location was taken into consideration. As the interference of electric fields is extremely low, experiments concerning the earthy outer space are carried out at this facility by Dr. Dietrich Ewert. Deformation analysis, calibration and tests of terrestrial laser scanners, GPS observations, analysis of accelerometers and inclinometers – all these problem domains are tackled at Geodätenstand.

Zusatzinformationen / Extras

Quick Access:

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe

Auxiliary Functions

Contact

Geodätenstand
Institute of Geodesy and Geoinformation Science
Faculty VI
sec. H 12 / H 20
Main Building
Room H 6101
+49 30 314 26377
+49 30 314 23315 (H20)